Thursday, December 29, 2011

Voodoo Child!

Early this year I got the crazy idea to try and orchestrate an exhibit featuring new and original works of art based on the Disney Villains franchise. It was a pretty exhausting experience but one that proved worthwhile in the end. In all, we had works from 19 different artists and a total of 23 unique submissions, all of which were displayed prominently in a gallery created specifically for this event.

Along with curating the show I also contributed a piece. I chose Dr. Facilier from "The Princess and the Frog." I really loved everything about this character from his streamlined physical design all the way down to his serpent-like movements. I also thought the voice-casting of Keith David was brilliant.

This piece was done on black Strathmore paper, 18x24 with oil pastels, colored pencil and correction fluid.


2 comments:

Tanner said...

Nice one Hutch! The colors & his expression are suh-weet! It's nice to see you use another medium that I'm not sure I've seen you use before.

Thanks for curating that show, the results were awesome and everyone seemed to have a fun time working on it.

Vince M said...

Excellent work, Hutch!