Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Shapes n' Sketches

For lack of a better term...

I've been experimenting lately with this new technique, well... new to me. I'll start with a sketch of someone and then build upon their shape with a bunch of random thoughts and doodles. Kind of a cool excercise while riding the train. I think eventually I'd like to try telling a bit more of a story by using congruent ideas rather than completely random objects. Then, who knows, maybe even some color.

Whoa!! Slow down, Hutch! One step at a time, baby!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RYAN ASTAMENDI PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Slow down? No way! Keep the posts flyin' in!
After seeing these sketches, I feel like I finally understand how your mind works..........or, not really.

Vince M said...

I really like the little kook reading the newspaper, Hutch. Cute character.

Eric Hutchison said...

Thanks fellas. Always good to hear from my favorite peanut gallery.