Thursday, June 16, 2011

My First Book!

So it's been awhile since I've posted and now you know why. For the past year and a half I've been hard at work illustrating my first two books. This was a big step for me in my career as an artist for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, it's always been a dream of mine to be a published illustrator. Second, I'm literally surrounded at work by guys that have been published dozens of times, so for me this was a first step towards following their lead. And lastly this was an opportunity for me to work with my friend, Kristen, who is co-author of the book. She kindly recommended me to her publisher and I was honored to be a part of it. This was her first book as well!




The book is for educational purposes so it's technically not a Children's Book. The subject matter is geared towards teaching kids with special needs the importance of "listening with their whole body," hence the title of the book. Since the book is geared towards such a specific niche market, you won't find it at Barnes and Noble. But you can purchase it online at the publisher's website as well as Amazon.

www.socialthinking.com
www.amazon.com

"Whole Body Listening Larry at Home" is the first in a series. The follow up is currently being printed and will be available soon!

Here are some more pages from the book:


7 comments:

RYAN ASTAMENDI PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Great work Hutch! You really put your heart into this project and it shows. Definitely some of my favorite work from you.

Looking forward to the Christmas post in December.

John T Quinn III said...

Well done Hutch!

Eric Hutchison said...

Thanks fellas. Always appreciate feedback from those whose talents I most admire.

Vince M said...

Congratulations on your publication! You never forget your first time.

Rona said...

woohoo!!!!!!!!

Tom Zhao said...

Thanks for the kind words Hutch, and congratulations on your book.

Oscar Grillo said...

Good one! Congratulations!