Saturday, September 24, 2011

iPad: The Sleeping Series- "Process"

A co-worker asked about my process. I think he assumed that I was able to complete these "Sleeper Series" sketches in one sitting. That is not, however, the case (although I wish it was!). There are a lot of factors that play into me NOT being able to do so but, regardless, I generally have just enough time to lay down the sketch and most of the base colors. It's not until later on (usually the same day) that I go back and add some of the light, texture and other color details to complete the drawing.

Got it? Great! Now go to sleep.

2 comments:

RYAN ASTAMENDI PHOTOGRAPHY said...

You could always take a quick snapshot with your ipad, and refer back to it later for color, lighting, etc.
Just an idea.....

Eric Hutchison said...

Not a bad idea at all, pal. Thanks for the suggestion.